DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
You love helping people achieve their fitness goals.
You love progressing and being the best you can.
You are an active person and have loved “playing” your whole life.
You are passionate about learning how to make the body perform at its best!
At Athlon Fitness & Performance we don’t just love helping people discover their true athleticism to look, feel, and perform at their best, we believe it’s our life’s calling…
The human body at its basic core is an athletic machine. Everyone is an athlete, regardless of age, current abilities, or current circumstances. And whether clients are looking to improve their athletic skills, or just rediscover them after years of living a sedentary life, we’re here to give them the tools, coaching, and support necessary to accomplish this.
Our clients aren’t just a meal ticket, they’re family. So we put a TON of effort into selecting the right people to support them. We’re looking for people who are committed to going the extra mile to be sure clients are satisfied and improving. This means listening to their stories, having real conversations, possessing the right training and coaching skills to guide them, and being passionate about helping them achieve what they want. No mindless exercises or rep counting here…
Our gyms are located on the Central Coast of California. We’re looking for enthusiastic, motivated, and energetic people to start training
clients right away, as well as help continue growing this unique company. Seriously, I want the “cream of the crop” here at Athlon and I hope that’s you…
We offer personal fitness and performance training in three different levels of service:
- Semi-Private Personal Training– Individualized coaching (with 1-3 clients per session). It’s like private training, only with more than one person at once, (you’ll need to hustle).
- Elite Fitness and Elite Performance Training Groups– These training programs have up to 12 clients per session. Competitive athletes are in the Performance Training Groups, and fitness enthusiasts are in the Fitness Training Groups. These are fun and very intense training groups that you’d be directing, managing and ensuring success in.
- Basic Gym Memberships– You will also be “managing” the fitness aspects of the facility helping basic members when needed. These memberships include a couple semi-private training sessions at the start that you’d do to help the new member start reaching their fitness goals.
In all of these we work with a wide variety of men, women, and teens helping them achieve amazing fitness, and perform superior to the competition (or just truly enjoy their active life)!
You’ll also need to answer phones, assist customers with questions, clean, perform maintenance as needed, and do laundry. We all do everything to make this a real home for our customers!
I offer a very competitive wage and full benefits package, including health insurance, paid time off, a 401k plan, and more. You’ll start on a 90-day probationary period where your performance will be reviewed. If you meet our expectations and look like you could be in the “top 1% of personal trainers” you’ll be rewarded with a full time, permanent position and an immediate raise.
Currently we are not looking to hire for any specific position. However, we’re growing and expanding and always in search of good talent. If you want to be considered for a future position then establish your place in line by reading the rest of this page and submitting the application at the bottom…
WHAT YOU’LL OWN
- Maintain a client renewal rate of 85%,
- Produce 1 Client Assessment Worksheet every week demonstrating positive improvements,
- All clients submit an NPS Score by their second month of 9.0 or better,
- Obtain 1 client success story per month capturing improved anthropometric data,
- Complete 1 hour of continuing education every week.
WHAT YOU’VE GOT TO HAVE
These are the skills you must already have in order to qualify for this position:
- Good Communication Skills: You will be talking with our customers, who are VERY important to us. You must be comfortable conversing in-person and on the phone and know how to conduct yourself professionally, and deliver clear instructions. I’ll teach you everything you need to do during a training session, but I can’t teach you manners and professionalism.
- People Skills and Personality: You must LOVE working with people and like to have fun with them! As mentioned above, you must be very comfortable working with and leading clients and matching your energy/personality to different types of people. This is an exciting and fast paced fitness facility and you must be able to show our clients assertiveness, energy, excitement and fun.
- Health and Fitness Education: You do not necessarily have to have a degree in Kinesiology, but you should have a working knowledge of health, fitness and performance, and most importantly an ability to quickly grasp the concepts I will teach you. A fitness degree is preferred.
- Passion for Personal Development: Again, you do not have to be an expert (yet), but you better be sure you have the desire to be one if you want to work in Athlon. My team of professionals are the cream of the crop and I’m looking for others that want to be in that top 1% of all fitness professionals. I have the background to teach you how to be there, you need to have the desire to learn.
- Additional skills that’ll send you to the top of the stack: (if you don’t have these, still apply; they’re not mandatory).
- Kinesiology degree
- National accredited certification
- Previous personal training experience
- Sports performance knowledge/experience
- Basic nutrition knowledge
WHAT’S AT YOUR CORE
These are the competencies you must have to fulfill the job and achieve the outcomes
- Happy and Friendly – Greets everyone with a welcoming statement and smile. Strives to be a part of that coveted “third place in peoples’ lives.”
- Communication skills – Speaks and writes clearly and articulately, having a good grasp of the English language. Lets others speak, and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Drive – Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and long hours relentlessly pursuing improvements, soliciting feedback, adjusting for greater performance, and hitting metrics!
- High standards – Expects personal and team performance to be the best. Researches as needed to stay on top of latest industry standards and practices. (“the top 1%…”)
- Integrity – Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences by doing what is right, not just politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Teamwork – Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship. “Checks his/her ego at the door…”
- Calm Under Pressure – Maintains stable performance, even when under heavy pressure and stress working with many clients and personalities at once.
- Worldly – Enjoys learning about a wide variety of subjects, talking to people about their experiences and learning from them. Able to relate to many different kinds of people.
- Flexibility/adaptability – Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Emotional Intelligence/Stamina – Adept at adjusting to people’s moods and personalities, and be “at your best” with each client for an entire day.
We’re always on the lookout for good people. If the information above resonates with you, then complete the application below and we’ll contact you by email to talk about next steps.